Thursday 14 May 2015

❤️Swim for a Mile ❤️


 
Swim Ireland’s “Swim for a Mile Challenge” is a swimming initiative set up to encourage people in Ireland to get back into the pool. The organisation want to encourage people and show Ireland that there is no need to shy away from the pool and that you don't have to be a great athlete for swimming to be physically beneficial and fun. By taking part in swim for a mile people will become more familiar with their local swimming pools and clubs and might want to continue swimming on a regular basis.

Last Wednesday all the TYs went to the national aquatic centre to take part in the swim for a mile challenge. Not everyone one swam some people kept count of the laps but most people swam. I was a bit nervous at first swimming with my year but I love swimming and really enjoyed it cause I'm Ariel ;) I literally used to pretend I was a mermaid from H20 when I was younger *awkward*



It was really nice to be able to say we took part in the challenge and once we finished the challenge we messed around in the pool for awhile and than we all got free t-shirts. One of the organisers took our picture as a year group and he also got a really awkward picture of Michaela Emma Serena and I :''))
Afterwards we went to blanch for 2 hours and we went shopping of course bought food. I ate burger king in McDonalds *cause rebel* ;)

Overall it was really enjoyable self rewarding day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment